simply by definition, is a professional that holds
a current real estate license and who is a member
of the local, state and National Association of
REALTORS®. This membership is what
makes a REALTOR® different from a general
real estate agent. Why is using a REALTOR®
so important? In addition to the Real Estate Commission
laws, REALTORS® are required to adhere
to a strict code of ethics that is enforceable
through the state Association. Homebuyers and
sellers can only benefit from the increased professionalism
and integrity encouraged through this code.
Why should you
work with a REALTOR®?
Working with a professional REALTOR®
to buy your home is a good idea for several
- REALTORS® can help determine how
much home you can
afford, explain different financing options
and refer you to the
- REALTORS® have the resources to
investigate all available
properties and provide objective information
about each property
regarding the community and other important
- REALTORS® can advise you on factors
such as price, financing,
terms, date of possession, repairs and furnishings.
- REALTORS® can help provide enough
time in the purchase
agreement for inspections and investigations,
plus advise which
ones are required or recommended.
- Every area has its own unique closing or settlement
A local REALTOR® can guide you through
- When selling property, REALTORS®
can give you current
market information to sell your property quickly,
at the best
price and with minimum hassle.
- A REALTOR® can recommend repairs
to enhance the salability
of your property and expose it to other agents,
the public and
cooperative marketing networks.
Choosing a REALTOR®
Searching for your dream home can be a time-consuming
experience. Working with a professional REALTOR®
will make the process much more efficient.
Since most people spend a fair amount of time
with their REALTOR®, it's important
to choose a REALTOR® you feel comfortable
with, and one who is responsive to your needs.
The following questions will help you decide
if a particular REALTOR® is right
Do they return your phone
- Do they ask you questions to determine what
you want/need in a house?
- Do they perform a financial analysis to help
you determine how much you can afford?
- Do they explain things clearly?
- Do they suggest financing methods?
- Do they seem knowledgeable about the community?
- Do you feel comfortable spending time with